Thursday, January 24, 2008

Momma Notes

Riley Cate is just getting to be such a big girl! I can't believe how quickly she is growing up! Last week, we babysat 3-month-old Kyle and she was amazing! She never got jealous when I held him and she even gave him his paci and then his bottle when he cried! Oh, and she helped me pat him on the bottom to calm him down. It was so cute!

The other day, I asked her to go get her "Five Little Monkeys" book for me to read to her. I sang a little bit of it and she disappeared to her room. A few minutes later, she came back with just that one book! I couldn't believe it!

She is now signing 9 words: more, eat, all-done, bird, bath, milk, daddy, dog and thank you. It sure makes things easier when she can tell you what she wants!

One thing that she says is "night night". That means, let's get my blankie, my paci (night-night) and get me in bed! If you aren't quick enough, she just lays down on a pillow.

Oh, and she's obsessed with this one pair of khaki pants. Well, anything khaki. She'll dig around until she finds hers and then tries to put them on. That's not nearly as entertaining as when she finds my khaki shorts and wants to wear them...she has me put them on her then walks around holding them up!

We do have a few toddler issues...one is that she loves to open the "movie drawer" in the entertainment center and then toss every movie onto the floor. She doesn't even look at them...just throws them out!

As you can see, she also made it easier on herself by pulling out and climbing onto a game. Better reach! Oh, and I'm pretty sure that's our wedding video that she's being so gentle with!

Other things Riley Cate likes:

Raisins, PB crackers, cookies, The Wiggles, Cheney (who only returns the love when food is involved), trying to eat Cheney's food, trying on jewelry, putting on "make up", climbing the stairs onto the stage at church, riding her four-wheeler, reading books (after she's pulled them ALL off the shelf), feeding her baby doll, eating yogurt, taking baths, eating food from random people (not strangers, don't worry!) at basketball games and dancing. She also likes to laugh at herself when she thinks she's doing something funny :o)

She is such a blessing to us. I can't believe how in love we have fallen with this little person.

No comments: