Thursday, March 09, 2006

Tell the World!

I have been such a busy baby! I went to the doctor a week ago to have my first professional portrait done. I'm so stinking cute...and I made BOTH my parents cry when they saw my heart beat. I don't think they're going to be too hard to please, honestly. We like Dr. Thompson, he says I'm looking really good. OH, and Momma always knows. She was right about how old I am. When we went to the doc I was 8 1/2 weeks instead of 9 1/2.

On Friday, we went to Texarkana (like I had any choice) to tell all of my grandparents, my great grandparents and my aunt and uncle about ME! We tricked everybody because they all thought we were coming home for Mom's birthday! I was nice and didn't make her lose all her roast beef birthday dinner.
Most of them cried, of course. One of them screamed in public, but I won't name names (Gammy). Oh, and then Mom and Dad thought they had to do a song and dance to tell my Carlton aunt and uncle. I'm still dizzy...and a little embarrassed.
I think life is gonna be real good in this family.

We even got my stroller Saturday, but I gotta wait a long time to ride in it...unless I can talk Mommy into climbing in and letting Daddy push her around the block.

2 comments:

The Arab Musicians said...

Hi, Baby C.! This is Baby Sawyer in North Africa. I'm a long way from you, and about 100 times as big as you are, but don't worry, you'll grow fast. I'm glad you're having fun giving your mom a hard time. Just wait until you can jab your legs into her ribs--she'll love that! Someday after we both get out of our Mommies' tummies we'll have to meet up somewhere. Until then, my mom will just have to let me look at your pictures on this cool blog site!

Anonymous said...

OK Baby Carlton,
Just so you know the truth, I am the one who made noise in public when we found out about you.

It was really your parent's idea to tell Papa Joe and me in Outback Steakhouse, so what was I supposed to do?

We just won't tell them how I will cry the first time I meet you. Let's just keep that between us.OK?
Gammy