Monday, March 02, 2009

Mommy's Birthday

Even after a long, long week, we couldn't miss doing something for my birthday! Most of you who know me know that I am obsessed with my birthday and I love to drag it out for weeks if I can. This little party was pretty low-key but I was so happy that we were all well that it was just perfect. Papa Joe made some crock-pot pork, Mamee made my favorite hashbrown casserole, and we had Wal-Mart cake which I ADORE.

Here's Riley Cate helping to put the decorations on (she was a pro after the gingerbread house!).

She picked out the candles herself with Mamee at Wal-Mart. They were Disney Princess ones and each of them looked like a magic wand. I love that kid. You can see that Mia Beth wants in on the action and RC actually tried to let her help, but of course it went straight to her mouth and not the cake.
And here's the finished product! Thanks to Papa and Mamee for the cake and Cakie for all the decorating work :o)

Even after we cut the cake, Riley Cate thought Mamee needed several of her own candles.





No comments: